Every player who seeks to be placed on a South Carolina United FC team must complete an online evaluation registration and pay the evaluation fee.
- Parents are encouraged to pre-register their children online instead of waiting to register onsite when they arrive for evaluations.
- If you pre-register your child for evaluations online, you will only pay the evaluation fee of $30.00 for one player or $45.00 for any family with two or more siblings. If you show up at evaluations without having already pre-registered your child online by the pre-registration cut-off date discussed below, you will be charged a $50.00 evaluations fee for each child (no family discount if you register onsite). The evaluation fee is non-refundable.
- To pre-register your child online, the player’s parent must do so before 5 pm on Friday, May 18, 2018 (i.e.” the cut-off date”). PLEASE NOTE: you may pay your evaluation fee with Credit/Debit Card online or print your receipt and attach a check made payable to South Carolina United FC for the required amount or you may pay in cash onsite at evaluations.
- If you are currently registered with South Carolina United FC on a Select or Junior Academy team and have an online account for your child, you will use your existing account to register for evaluations. If you are not currently registered with South Carolina United FC on a Select or Junior Academy team, you must first create an online account with South Carolina United FC and then you may register your child for tryouts. If you have registered in the past for tryouts with our club, then you probably have an existing account.
- If you do not pre-register online for tryouts before the cut-off date, you will be required to register onsite on the first night the player attends tryouts. After completing all paperwork on site, you will need to pay a $40 Onsite Registration Tryout fee per player. You can pay by Debit/Credit card, or check made payable to South Carolina United FC or you may pay in cash. There will be NO FAMILY discount with onsite registration.
- Before any player may participate in tryouts, a parent or legal guardian must accept the Liability Release/Parent Agreement.
- All players MUST attend all 3 tryout sessions and/or notify Elaine Simpson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the age group tryout evaluator as to the reason he/she will not be at all sessions.
- Each player must be registered for tryouts in the correct age group for his or her age which is based upon his or her birth year. (See “Birth Year Age Group Chart” below.) Additionally, regardless of the 2015-2016 team assignment, EVERY player must try out with his or her own age group on the first two nights he/she attends tryouts. On the third day of tryouts for his or her age group, players may try out for an upper age group. A player seeking to tryout for an age group that is two or more years higher than his or her age must first obtain written permission from both Directors of Soccer. The requesting player’s size, weight, strength and skill will be evaluated so as to satisfy player health and safety concerns. The final decision as to whether an individual player will be selected for a team that will be playing in an age group that is higher than his or her actual age group will be made by the Director of Soccer following consultation with tryout evaluators. NOTE: Any player or parent who misrepresents the true age of a player at tryouts will be disqualified from playing-up.
- Tryout sessions will be conducted by a selection of the Club’s Elite, Palmetto and Crescent coaches with the Director of Soccer, Soccer Leadership staff and Director of Goalkeeping assisting as determined by the Director of Soccer. Players will be assessed by way of small-sided and/or full-sided play and skill drills.